https://3pmarketingsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Top-Geofencing-FAQ.jpg 584 820 Megan Williams https://3pmarketingsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/3p-marketing-logo-500px.png Megan Williams2020-03-07 15:41:352020-05-13 08:54:58Top Geofencing FAQs
- Q: What is geofencing?
A: Geofencing or to geofence is to make a virtual perimeter in a real-world environment. This perimeter can be narrowed down to a rooftop, property border, or radius. Check out this video. [link to 3P YouTube video]
- Q:How does geofencing work? A: By using software and communicating with location- based services to trigger an action such as when your potential customers enter a geofenced competitor’s location.
- Q: How does geofencing work in terms of mobile?
A: There are multiple ways geofencing can be used in the mobile space. The mobile device can communicate via GPS. A mobile device can communicate with other devices to trigger action when the phone leaves or enters an area. This is commonly used within applications for items ranging from thermostats to tracking devices for logistics.
- Q: How does geofencing work without an app?
A: The location can come from a cell tower, Bluetooth or Wifi. Most commonly in terms of advertising, we can use location from someone else’s app to advertise via mobile advertising exchanges. A geofence is made to communicate with a request of where we want ads to appear or capture mobile IDs within the designated geographic area.
- Q: Who does geofencing work for?
A: Many industries can benefit from a geofencing campaign if the strategy makes sense. Everything from recruiting employees, branding or creating awareness, to driving sales.
- Q: What type of reporting is common with a mobile advertising campaign using geofencing?
A: Our reporting offers key performance indicators such as conversions, while common metrics are clicks, impressions, and CTR (click-through-rate).
- Q: What is a click-through-rate?
A: Commonly referred to as CTR, a click-through-rate is the amount of impressions it takes to get a click. There are many calculators out there, but the formula is clicks divided by impressions x 100.
- Q: Can geofencing campaigns track conversions?
A: Yes, geofencing marketing campaigns can track conversions for on or offline attribution. By tracking consumer conversions, we can tell you where your customers are going to first out of your list of geofenced locations.
- Q: How much does it cost?A: Price can vary based on your strategy as well as population.
- Q: What are some reasons geofencing cost may vary?
A: Geofencing cost varies based on supplier, app placements, volume and more. We take into consideration all of these factors when creating a plan for our clients.
- Q: Can any place be geofenced?
A: Yes, there are no limitations on creating a geofence. However, there are limitations in some areas based on what type of advertising you run for ethical purposes. For example, the state of Massachusetts passed a bill that limits certain advertising around health care facilities.
- Q: What is the difference between geofencing and geotargeting?
A: The difference in geofencing and geotargeting is that geofencing is a mobile tool that makes a virtual perimeter to create an action within the perimeter using location-based services. Geotargeting uses location as well but in a broader sense and can include users with a behavior of visiting an area or have interest in that area. Geotargeted tactics use zip codes, DMA, city, or state segmentation.
- Q: Can we retarget based on geofencing a location?
A: Yes, there are ways to passively monitor or proactively collect mobile advertising IDs that visit a specific area(s) with the purpose of re-targeting.
- Q: How can geofencing work for my company?
A: A mobile advertising campaign using the tool of geofencing to target in on a more effective audience can help multiple industries in everything from hiring employees, selling services, growing brand awareness and more.
If you did not see an answer you were looking for, please reach out to use at email@example.com or 812-459-5353 and we will be happy to answer it for you.